Thursday, June 21, 2012

DC Sample Script

I got a script from a DC editor that was simply entitled "DC Sample Script." It was a zany five pages of all sorts of people and situations. The story was not meant to win an Eisner, but give an artist a chance to draw a variety across a few short pages. The editor said to substitute the characters in the script for any characters I felt like. I went with Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Black Hand (with a little Jonah Hex thrown in for good measure). The editor also asked to just see pencils (as opposed to my ink wash style), so it was fun (and scary) to dust off the pencil. I still lean toward inking my own work, but I'd be find with just pencils if that's what the editors like.

For bigger images, right click on the images and open them in a new window/tab.








No comments:

Post a Comment